[thelist] Multple Windows 2000 installations.

John Sherman john at northbaywebs.com
Tue Dec 26 10:14:18 CST 2000

I have Win2000 and Win98 installed on separate partitions.
Unfortunately, in the process of setting this up, I ended up with 2
spurious installations of Windows 2000, and I can't find anyway to
uninstall the redundant versions cleanly.

I tried deleting the WINNT directory, and reinstalling W2k asking it
to install cleanly over the existing installation, but ended up with
another excess installation.

Now I have WINNT and WINNT2 directories, along with a number of
administrators and so forth in the Local Settings folder.
How can I get back to one, clean W2k installation without losing my
data?

I know this isn't very clear - I can't find any clarity here.

--
Best regards,
 John

North Bay Webs
Complete Internet Solutions for Small Business
http://www.northbaywebs.com

ICQ Number: 11683098