[thelist] passing variables to a flash action

Charlie Llewellin sallyevans at eden.com
Wed Jan 3 09:15:08 CST 2001

Does anybody know if the following is possible - I have found lots of
information about passing variables to Flash but not about doing exactly
this:

I have a variable in a page that I want to send to a URL in flash along the
lines of
$var=2001-01-01;
.. src='flashmovie.swf?var=<?echo $var?>"

and in the flash action, something like:
getURL=http://somesite.com/ + var + index.html

so that I do not have to change the movie every time the variable is
updated.

Can this work? and what would be the real syntax?

TIA
Charlie