[thelist] passing variables to a flash action

John Corry webshot at neoncowboy.com
Wed Jan 3 14:24:08 CST 2001

darn tootin' its possible...

I think the syntax within the Flash getURL action would be more like
getURL="http://somesite.com/+ index.html?var=value"
But that will depend on the lanquage you're using...

Below is an example of how to set the variable to a given value within the
<object>+<embed> tags. I wouldn't think a little variable logic would give
you a problem...

<!-code -->

<object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000"
codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.ca
b#version=4,0,2,0" width="740" height="272"><param name=movie
value=images/va_final_home_face.swf?pageVar=home><param name=quality
value=high><embed src="images/va_final_home_face.swf?pageVar=home"
quality=high
pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_
Version=ShockwaveFlash" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="740"
height="272"></embed></object>

<!- /code ->

jc