[thelist] Explorer.exe error - Probably CF related

Whitten, Gary gwhitten at eprise.com
Thu Jan 4 13:51:08 CST 2001

One of my documentation people has an issue that occurs when she uses
Windows Explorer to cut and paste files.  There seems to be some definitive
patterns here, one of which seems to be related to Cold Fusion, which is why
I'm asking here.  Does anyone have any similar experiences with this, and if
so, have ways to resolve this?  It's driving her (and thus me) nuts.

The error...

...happens only after Allaire's Cold Fusion Enterprise 4.0 is installed
...happens when using NT Server 4.0 OS (SP6a).
...doesn't happen when using Windows 2000 server or advanced server.
...causes every program in her system tray to open
...generates Explorer.exe errors that indicate that there was an exception
or that an instruction referenced memory at a certain address and that  'The
memory could not be "read".

We have tried to:

Re-installed service pack 6
Executed reg-clean utility
Swapped memory modules
Swapped mouse and keyboard
Logged on with different id/profile
Uninstalled cold fusion v4.0

Nothing seems to work.

Any help is greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Gary Whitten
Systems Administrator
Eprise Corporation
V508 661 5234