[thelist] tracert timeout

Erik Mattheis gozz at gozz.com
Fri Jan 5 16:49:12 CST 2001

The FTP problems occur with three NT accounts - all at the same ISP -
gozz.com, njabr.org and radiosavant.com. FTPing to/from my UNIX
accounts with the same ISP works better, but there have been many
times recently that I can't upload or download moderately large files
... like 2 MB and up - the transfer just hangs, and usually in the
same place for the files. I dunno, the first thing that came to my
mind was Carnivore eating things up ... sure that's just paranoia.

The tracert always times out at that IP (64.14.59.198 ) for any of
these domains, even if they are UNIX - fearofclowns.com,
snatchpak.com, stardusters.com ... many others.

When I ping any of these addresses, it always times out. Can't find a
single of my sites I can ping from here in Minneapolis today, and
someone in NC has tried a few and they don't work for him either.

The UNIX websites come up in browsers just fine, although the NT
accounts don't come up in a browser occasionally, and gozz.com has
done a weird redirect to it's IP address a few times.

AIEEEEE!!!

--
- Erik Mattheis
http://gozz.com/