[thelist] Idea: What do you think of this?

Frank framar at interlog.com
Fri Jan 5 17:22:12 CST 2001

I've been dealing with a lot of 'content' based stuff lately
(articles, essays, etc...)

There are two things that I want: 1) A good summary, and 2)
auto-generated meta tags. I know that I can use Verity for creating
semi-decent summaries, they might even be OK for the description meta
tag. So I'm thinking, when I add a new record, index it with Verity,
call it back up and insert the summary into the DB.

This seems like a lot of work to put a machine through though. Can
someone think of a better solution? Same with keywords. Does anyone
know of something that will do a relatively skillful job of creating
relevant keyword summaries that can be added to the meta tag without
overloading the machine?

Thanks.
--

Frank Marion                      Loofah Communications
frank at loofahcom.com               http://www.loofahcom.com