[thelist] Content Freshness Agent - How to implement?

Herzog, Ari Ari_Herzog at Instron.com
Mon Jan 8 15:05:44 CST 2001

The only thing I know of is the metatag which deals with expired pages.

------------------------------------
Ari Herzog
Internet Webmaster
Instron Corporation
Tel:  781-575-5638
Fax: 781-575-5768
Email: ari_herzog at instron.com

Check out our website at http://www.instron.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Ben Gustafson [mailto:ben_gustafson at lionbridge.com]
Sent: Monday, January 08, 2001 1:38 PM
To: thelist at lists.evolt.org
Subject: [thelist] Content Freshness Agent - How to implement?

I would like to implement, using ASP/SQL Server, a "content freshness agent"
that would check the expiration date (set in the content database) of a page
containing time-sensitive content against the current date. When the two
match, the agent sends an e-mail to the site admin noting that content on
the page has expired.

The piece I'm missing is the agent that would do the crawling of the site
and matching of the dates. It would need to crawl the site database
automatically on a periodic basis, such as once a day. Does anyone have
ideas on how to implement such an agent?

--Ben Gustafson