[thelist] CF Question: Permutation of right(string, count)

Seth Bienek seth at sethbienek.com
Mon Jan 8 17:37:26 CST 2001

Or, shorthand, using right() instead of mid (only works at the end of a
string), and compund functions:

<!--- Create a string with our sample text. --->
<cfset content = "foo,bar">

<!--- Get the position of the first comma in the string,
	and parse the number of letters between it and
	the end of the string minus one (to accommodate
	the comma). --->
<cfset newcontent = right(content, (find(",", content) - 1))>

<cfoutput>#newcontent#</cfoutput>

Seth

Seth Bienek
Solutions Development Manager