[thelist] Linux Tar Question

Dean Mah dsmah at home.com
Tue Jan 9 11:16:27 CST 2001

Are you sure that this didn't work?  Do a 'tar tf' on your file.  The
two messages look like warnings.   The first is telling you that tar
stripped off the leading / and the second is telling you that while
tar'ing everything together, it found the file test.tar and realize
that it was the tar archive itself so skipped it.