[thelist] MouseOver for graphical submit buttons?

Aylard JA (James) jaylard at equilon.com
Thu Jan 11 10:14:29 CST 2001

<snip>
> This isn't going to be possible in an <input type=image> graphic
> submit button, since there isn't a link to attach the mouseover event
> to in that case.
</snip>

<soapbox argument that sounds like a rant, but isn't meant to be>

	Folks, we need to be clear on this: IE 4+, Netscape 6, and at least
Opera 5 *all* support images rollovers on image inputs (<input
type="image">). Netscape 4.x does not. This question keeps popping up, and
people continue to state -- incorrectly -- that it can't be done.
	Whether you choose to implement them because not all users will see
them, or whether you choose instead to implement an anchor-wrapped image
rollover and use the submit() method, are philosophical questions that we
can argue about. But whether rollovers on image inputs are possible on most
browsers is not. They *do* work on most browsers.

</soapbox argument that sounds like a rant, but isn't meant to be>

James Aylard