[thelist] Filling up timesheets - good or bad?

Warden, Matt mwarden at odyssey-design.com
Thu Jan 11 12:00:30 CST 2001

> I recommend doing 15-minute timesheets for a fortnight
> to everyone.  Unfortunately if you're self-disciplined
> enough to do it, you probably don't need to....

-1

I'd have to say that would be a HUGE distraction. When you take a break every
15 minutes, you can forget variable names, function names, database object
names/types, current logic, or even what you were working on (trust me). I
rarely code something in 15 minutes, and I'd have to kill someone if I had to
stop what I was doing every 15 minutes.

IF YOU MUST DO THIS, I suggest doing it task by task. Once you start and
finish a task, note the time. But, even this is a huge pain in the
you-know-what.

--
mattwarden
mattwarden.com