[thelist] Discussion Board with Email Notification?

Herzog, Ari Ari_Herzog at Instron.com
Thu Jan 11 20:25:32 CST 2001

You can see an example of a nice forum site using the DCScripts
at http://www.thehearth.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Meredith Tupper [mailto:meredith at pintsize.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 11, 2001 7:06 PM
To: thelist at lists.evolt.org
Subject: Re: [thelist] Discussion Board with Email Notification?

Bob Haroche wrote:

> I'm looking for a bulletin board solution (preferably perl cgi) which has
> the feature whereby a member can choose to be notified by email whenever a
> post occurs in a discussion he's interested in.

Check out DCForum (http://www.sitedeveloper.com/).  They used to have a
script
called DCBoard which definitely has the poster e-mail notification function
-
still in use here: http://www.ideacafe.com/html/CS.html.  I don't see
DCBoard
on the DCScripts site anymore, and I'm not sure if DCForum has the same
function but it's worth investigating.

Bueno suerte,
Meredith

--
PintSize Graphics & Web Hosting, Inc.
http://www.pintsize.com
meredith at pintsize.com
3225 S. MacDill Ave. #208
Tampa, FL 33629
813-835-5382 / 877-385-8877 x113 tollfree