[thelist] Odd tables

L. Floyd lfloyd at sonic.net
Fri Jan 12 20:02:31 CST 2001

I am trying to make a table look "indented" without using CSS.  I'm using
the width and align attributes like the example below.  For some reason,
tables following the "indented" table want to ride over the indented table
(happens in either IE or NS).  The problem becomes worse if subsequent
tables are also supposed to be indented.  The problem is the "align"
attribute, I think.  But I just don't know why!

Any clues?

Here's the code:

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2//EN">
<head>
<title>ugly</title>
</head>