[thelist] Odd tables

Oliver Lineham oliver at lineham.co.nz
Fri Jan 12 20:10:31 CST 2001

At 16:33 12/01/2001 -0800, you wrote:

>I am trying to make a table look "indented" without using CSS.  I'm using
>the width and align attributes like the example below.  For some reason,
>tables following the "indented" table want to ride over the indented table
>(happens in either IE or NS).  The problem becomes worse if subsequent
>tables are also supposed to be indented.  The problem is the "align"
>attribute, I think.  But I just don't know why!

yes, the problem is the align attribute.  align="right" means "flow all
following content around the left of this object".

try putting <br clear="right"> after each 'indented' table.

also, as a matter of good practice you should put all your attribute values
in quotes.

and a final thought: tables are an icky way to achieve this indentation.
another way to do it is with <blockquote></blockquote> 's.  just as icky,
but a helluva lot easier.

</ol>