[thelist] Applets caching on JRun?

Bill_Pletcher at spring.com Bill_Pletcher at spring.com
Wed Jan 17 06:45:31 CST 2001

How can I stop Applets from caching. I'm writing Applets that speak to each
other via Java Servlets (like a corporate Instant Messenger kind of thing)
and for now it runs locally on PWS with JRun as the Servlet engine.

 I'm calling the Applet straight from JRun (
http://localhost:8100/caller1.html ):

<applet code="Caller.class" width="300" height="500">
<param name="CallerName" value="CALLER 1">
</applet>

When I change the Applet in Sun's Forte IDE its own Browser see's the
changes but for some reason, JRun or PWS maybe, has now started to cache
it. I've deleted temporary files from IE 5.0 and Navigator, but they both
see old versions.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Bill

The contents of this e-mail and any attachment(s) are strictly confidential
and are solely for the person(s) at the e-mail address(es) above. If you
are not an addressee, you may not disclose, distribute, copy or use this
e-mail, and we request that you send an email to postman at spring.com and
delete this e-mail. Spring Group plc accepts no legal liability for the
contents of this e-mail including any errors, interception or interference,
as internet communications are not secure. Whilst Spring Group plc and
the sender have taken every precaution to prevent transmission of computer
viruses, should this inadvertently occur we do not accept any liability.

Spring Group plc, Eastham Hall, Eastham Village Road, Eastham,
Wirral, CH62 OAF.

Registered in England, company number: 590054.
Web site address: http://www.spring.com