[thelist] Image ready 3 on mac waaaaay slow?

Keni keni at barwick.net
Thu Jan 18 06:16:31 CST 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: <martin.p.burns at uk.pwcglobal.com>
Sent: Thursday, January 18, 2001 10:24 AM

> I still run IR1 - is producing code for MouseOvers *really* a core
> competence for an image application?

You big cheat. ;-)

> IMO bundling IR with PS was a big big mistake

Snip

> But when Adobe turned around and said "You'll have to
> lay down 500UKP a seat for Photoshop", they lost maybe a thousand
> licenses over a 3 year period.

IMHO, I think they were very cleaver for that reason, they now sell the
product for £430 pounds more, surly means more profit. Anyway, the fact
remains that IR, which I use ALL the time, is a good product but does not
have the functions that PS has, its not ment to, it is just a nice little
add on package for the transferral of PS files to web. A very nice add on
might I add. (add, he he, see what I did there!)

> I did try Fireworks, but found it too expensive and too difficult to
> use if you've used Photoshop.

so did I, still have it here, the only thing I use it for is to transfer
the banner ads we make here from flash to gifs very quickly.

> Oh, also, Illustrator/Freehand don't compete with PS for print work -
> you can't do photo-based work with a vector tool.

exactly, but this is in danger of turning into a print media post!! ;-)

<OT tip><rant>
Don't catch a Connex South Central Train when in London, they are NEVER ON
TIME!!!!
</rant></OT tip>