[thelist] ASP troubles - IIS or me?

John Handelaar john at userfrenzy.com
Thu Jan 18 07:26:31 CST 2001

Either that, or IUSR_WHATEVERYOURMACHINEISCALLED doesn't have
read access to the directory/files in question.

<tip type="IIS">
With IIS, it's worth creating new subdirectories
of your \inetpub directory from a non-administrator
user account.  Then you get the error now,
instead of tearing your hair out for 5 minutes
wondering why the new site won't appear on anyone's
machine but your own.
</tip>

John Handelaar

T +44 20 7209 4117       M +44 7930 681789
F +44 870 169 7657   E john at userfrenzy.com