[thelist] Requesting Page Through a Proxy?

Lauri Vain optima at hot.ee
Thu Jan 18 12:54:31 CST 2001

djc,

> When you say "I" what exactly do you mean? Do you mean "I, as in me
> myself and I" or "I as in I neeed the server to get it".

o   I send a request to www.intranet.com/blah.php via my browser.
o   The blah.php file over there requests a page from the outside world (the
request travels through www-proxy.mycompany.com) to
www.www.com/hahaa/hehee.html.
o   Blah.php gets some information from hehee.html using regular expressions
(well, lets say it gets some stock quotes or something).
o   A sec later I have the current Nasdaq index on my browser screen and I'm
happy (more or less... depends on the current index).

Basically, do I have to take any extra steps or will I just do
if($getfilenow = file("http://www.www.com/hahaa/hehee.html")){ -==YIPEEE==-}

Yours,
Lauri