[thelist] Synchronised E-Mail System

William Anderson neuro at well.com
Thu Jan 18 21:04:31 CST 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Mikkelsen" <john at design.co.nz>
To: <thelist at lists.evolt.org>
Sent: Tuesday, January 16, 2001 1:16 AM
Subject: [thelist] Synchronised E-Mail System

> [snippage]
>
> Traditionally the client PCs had used Eudora (to avoid pesky Outlook
> security errors) however it doesn't seem to be possible to set Eudora up in
> this way.  Is it possible to use Exchange Server/Outlook to do what I need,
> or is there some other solution?
>
> Any help would be appreciated,

use Outlook or any IMAP4-capable email client (such as Outlook Express 5 or
5.5, Eudora 5, etc) to point to an Exchange mailbox.  Outlook will connect
using its own protocols, but use an IMAP client to simulate the same 'mails
stored on server, multiple users accessing single mailbox' scenario.

There is more to this, though, so read.  Best starting point -
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/exchange/

--
 _ __   ___ _   _ _ __ ___  |      William Anderson - www.well.com/~neuro