[thelist] [way way way OT] Desktops

David Wagner dave at worlddomination.net
Thu Jan 18 22:49:31 CST 2001

> > From: "William Anderson" <neuro at well.com>

> > doh - bloody sftp client ... should work now

Holy poop! That's even more overwhelming than _my_ machine!

I'm also happy to see that someone else has a "crap to sort" folder with
vast quantities of unsorted crap outside of it. :)

> except i would feel better if evolt.org were the page of choice in yer
> browser... heh...

Personally, I'd always prefer to learn about interesting new things by
looking over peoples' virtual shoulders... Smoothwall sounds pretty
interesting...

Okay, I was gonna try to make this relevant again, but I can't.

<tip type="Good Freeware Windows Utilities" author="David Wagner">

InfoWorld readers will already know this: AnalogX has (among other
interesting things) a decent collection of freeware, all written (I
believe) by the site's owner. System, network, audio, programming... all
small, effective, and free. Okay, so I haven't reviewed it very
comprehensively, but his HyperTrace traceroute app has already taken up
residence in my system tray.

http://www.analogx.com/

</tip>

--