[thelist] Session Variables in ColdFusion

Joshua OIson joshua at alphashop.net
Fri Jan 19 09:22:31 CST 2001

Thank you kindly.  I was afraid you were going to say something like that,
and you did.  I suppose exposing that data would be considered a security
risk of some sort, which is maybe why it's not implemented you.  I'll look
into SessionMagic.  That you for your help.

<tip type="Cold Fusion Studio">
If you find yourself using 2 or three templates whenever you code a .cfm
file, you can put all the templates back to back into the Default
Template.htm.  That way, whenever you create a new file, all your templates
are already available and you don't have to search around for your template
file... just delete the lines of code that you don't need for this page.

Additionally, I put the following at the top of my default template:

<cfoutput>#LCase(GetCurrentTemplatePath())#</cfoutput>

<cfthrow message="<h2>Uncoded template... halting.</h2>">

The comment at the top reminds me to label the file and start the commenting
process, the next line identifies the file to me from the client side, and
the third line stops execution of the template.
</tip>

-joshua