[thelist] Chat Rooms on Remote Server

warren warren at warrenworld.com
Sat Jan 20 11:09:31 CST 2001

I am doing a website for a non-prof group catering to Alzheimer patients and
caregivers. They want to have an online chat once a week and I am looking
into options. The catch is that it must be on a remote server as their host
doesn't allow chat rooms on their servers.

I have looked at a bunch of them but of course I don't which ones are the
most reliable. A lot of the participants are probably on low end machines
and probably not too computer savvy.

So.......It needs to be hosted on a remote server (ad based would be ok),
compatible with most machines and the sign-up and logon procedure needs to
be very simple.

Any ideas?

Thanks again,
warren