[thelist] Debugging a New PC

Johannah Hubal johannah at hubal.com
Mon Jan 22 13:57:40 CST 2001

Similar question. Anyone with info, please email me privately since I know
this is fairly off-topic.

I bought an 800mhz AMD HP with 256k ram, 40g hard drive, etc. Pretty nice
machine. However, the performance is terrible because HP shipped it with
tons of crappy little programs that run in the background. I want to totally
wipe the hard drive, install Win2k, and just install the stuff that I need.

My question....Is this terribly complicated? I have the HP recovery disks...
can I just start up the computer, put in the disk, and figure it out from
menu prompts? Or is this something that I need to get someone knowledgable
to assist with?

TIA....

--Johannah.