[thelist] Client Payment Percentages

Rachell Coe rachell at coeville.com
Mon Jan 22 14:19:31 CST 2001

When I get a new client, I estimate what the hourly amount of his/her
project will be, and bill 50% of the total estimate -- I must receive the
50% and signed contract before I start work.  The other 50% I bill when
they have signed off on the project (included in the initial contract is
the clause that if the job is help up for more than 30 days due to client
hold-ups, I will start billing them monthly for hours already worked over
the initial 50%).  However, I do keep track of the hours I spend on the job
so that they have an itemized list of where the time went on their final
invoice.

For current clients, I just bill monthly for hourly work completed.

Good luck!