[thelist] Form Field Validation (mySQL / PHP)?

David Markowski davidm at alb.edu
Mon Jan 22 16:16:39 CST 2001

First of all, hello everyone! I joined the list about 2 weeks ago and
the amount of knowledge around here is truly inspiring!

I have a slight problem. I recently put the finishing touches on a mySQL
database which is called from a PHP script. I'm new to both of these
"languages" and have only learned what I needed to in order to get the
database set up and running. (I do plan on thoroughly learning both, but
for now I need a quick fix)

The only thing I really need is to have some sort of a script that will
force a user to enter something in at least one of the fields without
having any of the fields required. Right now if one hits the submit
button without entering any search criteria, the whole database
displays.
Here's the url
http://www.albright.edu/dirsearch2.html

Ideas anyone? I'm sure this is very simple, but I'm truly NOT a
programmer! THANKS!!!

Dave Markowski
Web Manager
Albright College