[thelist] css wackiness

Erika Meyer meyer at up.edu
Tue Jan 23 13:51:31 CST 2001

++++++++++++

I didn't look at the actual page, but if you're going to use CSS you should
use valid code, else you're asking for trouble.

You are not supposed to put ANY other tags in between the <A> tags.  Put
your italics and your span on the outside of the a tags.  (do it without a

If you want the link to look a certain way, apply your styles to the
link.  Apply a class to the block level element that contains the links, if
you can.

Back in the olden days, I also put <FONT> tags between the <a> tags to
force a certain look.  It is no longer a good idea (if it ever was).

http://validator.w3.org is your friend.

Erika