[thelist] Drop down menus w/o layers & Printable pages

Mark Gregor mark at velir.com
Tue Jan 23 16:35:42 CST 2001

Hi,

> without using
> layers.....  this will enable the drop-down menus to move as the page
> scales...    Is anyone familiar with this?  If so, can you please point me
> to a resource that covers this?

Not sure if I understand exactly what you want to do, but if you want scalable menus, the only way I know how to do this is to use Flash.  Everything (including the menus) should scale as the browser is resized.

> just pull the data out of the page when the visitor hits the print icon -
> i.e. it prints the page content instead of cutting off the page content at
> the 640 mark....  Is anyone familiar with this?

You'd need to seperate the text from layout of the page, so yep, a database would do it.  Or you could make it really tough on yourself and create duplicate pages, one for printing the other for online viewing.

Good luck!

Mark