[thelist] FTP problems!

Frank framar at interlog.com
Wed Jan 24 20:52:31 CST 2001

>  One last shot ...
>
>  When I FTP into the default directory, my FTP client
>  (regardless of what it is) always seems to wait for more
>  data even though the entire directory has been listed:
>
>  Is it problematic for 226 Transfer complete to be
>  received in the middle of listing a directory? Like this:
>
>  Then it just hangs.
>
>  Listing works fine for everything but the home directory.
>
>  It's Serv-U 2.5 on an NT box. Er NT boxes - every NT
>  account I have does the same thing, every UNIX account I
>  have works fine.
>
>  What could the problem be? Other NT accounts work fine
>  ... like with different hosts.

I have exactly the same problem. Also, I will download 99.99% of a
file, and it will hang on the last few bytes. And my ISP is using
Serv-U 2.5 as well. Are you experiencing this problem on a Macintosh?
A PC? Unix? (I'm on a Mac). I think it's Serv-U's fault, now.

You can check out

http://www.framarstudios.com/misc/MSFTP_Sucks.zip

for a more detailed discussion on the subject, as well as a TCP trace
of what's going on. Let's keep this conversation rolling, we might
figure it out, yet.
--

Frank Marion                      Loofah Communications
frank at loofahcom.com               http://www.loofahcom.com