[thelist] Petition to bring CF ot Mac OS X

Ray Hill lists at prydain.com
Thu Jan 25 01:51:31 CST 2001

Kyle Smeby wrote:
> Honestly, I would be far more interested in HomeSite
> for the Mac. ... I've used them all and have to say
> that nothing compares to HomeSite for speed of development,
> writing clean code and not messing with hand-written code

Here, here!!  I have half a dozen editors that I use for specific tasks, but Homesite has is always spend the most time in, because if it's clean, no-frills usability.

I've been dying to get away form Windows for a while now, and start developing on a Linux box.  But without an editor that's on par with Homesite, it's not even concievable.

Note: I don't know a *lot* about OSX, but as it was explined to me, it's a Mac OS written on top of Linux, so that all Linux software will work on the Mac.  So, if this is right, an OSX version of Homesite would then also work on Linux, correct??

--ray