[thelist] Hotmail trashes e-mail

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 25 10:57:31 CST 2001

> From: Terry Clark <Terry.Clark at eqos.com>
[...]
> Does this mean that the emails are being sent from my account or just my
> name is being used or spoofed for the reply.,
> I'd hate to lose this account as it is a meaningfull email adress ie my name
>
> Has anyone come across anything like this before? Any suggestions
> appreciated :-)

this very email address has been spoofed at least twice... i came
home one day to find a few hundred messages waiting for me... i
tracked the spammer to the original IP, but figured a PoD, or
anything else for that matter, was probably useless...

anyway, i use Pegasus mail, which allows me to download just
headers and manage mail while still on the server... so it was a
simple matter of viewing what's on the server, sorting by subject,
and deleting all the hundreds of replies...