[thelist] site critique

Katherine Spice k.spice at acu.ac.uk
Thu Jan 25 11:08:31 CST 2001

Charlie Ulyatt wrote:

> 2)I personally feel that the lists on each page, appear as though they
> should be links ... maybe if you used a bulleted list instead of the icons
> ???

I caught myself trying to click on these as well (even though it should
be obvious - no changing of mouse or underline or anything)!  Apart from
that, nice clean design - I like the colour scheme, and the size of the
main nav links on the left hand side. Two things: 1, why not make the
main table data cell not have fixed width? If I maximise my browser, the
whole thing only uses half of the available space (and liquid designs
are nicer for people browsing in a window smaller than the width of your
table). 2 - the javascript mouseovers for the main area are only there
on the home page - as a personal thing, I'd prefer if they were
consistent across the site.

my tuppence worth,
Katherine