[thelist] Petition to bring CF ot Mac OS X

zac zac at pixelgeek.com
Thu Jan 25 19:36:31 CST 2001

jeff wrote:

> my thoughts are that macromedia/allaire should not waste time on supporting
> the mac as a server platform.  however, if mac os x is supported by virtue
> of its use of bsd as the os, then i'm fine with that and would support that
> move (but not specifically to support macs).

Given that the CF Server is moving to Java and OS X has system level support
for Java2 (and Swing if I am not mistaken) then I assume that moving CF
Server to OSX should not be that much of a problem (at least compared to a
port of the current system).

And, again IINM, I believe that part of the reason to move to a Java base is
to increase the portability of the code.

--

       The only way to understand what mathematics means
       by infinity is to contemplate the extent of

       Voltaire

       email: zac at pixelgeek.com
       WWW: http://www.pixelgeek.com/