[thelist] Cold Fusion Server is the Pig

Ruth Arnold ruth at spacehoppa.com
Fri Jan 26 07:11:31 CST 2001

I have installed PWS and Cold Fusion Server (both on the same day) on my PC
twice now and it seemed to tax the CPU massively to the point of mega-system
crashes that resulted in a complete reinstall (i.e. not even safe mode left
standing) - twice!!

The weird part is that I installed it onto both Win98 and Win2000
Professional with the same results.

I'm waiting until I can afford to have both a development machine (PWS,
CFServer and CFStudio) and a design (Photoshop/Dreamweaver/Xara, IE5, OE5,
etc) machine (separating the two functions entirely) before I attempt to
reinstall the two again.

Waaaay more trouble than it was worth in my experience. My brother, on the
other hand, claims to never have had a moment's trouble.

ruth arnold
spacehoppa.com