[thelist] Forcing Download of Files With a Particular Extension

Peter Barrett peterb at corel.com
Fri Jan 26 10:56:31 CST 2001

I've had a similar problem....

The trouble is (if I am understanding the issue correctly), that if the
*client* machine has a certain extension associated with their browser, the
browser will try to open it ... which is irritating since you can't control
what a user will do. For this reason, (and to save bandwidth), most major
download sites package everything up in zip files, which I have used, and offer
as a suggestion.

hth,
~pete