[thelist] content management systems

Raymond Camden rcamden at allaire.com
Fri Jan 26 12:25:34 CST 2001

> Do you think your site gives the complete story for spectra? Are there any
> advantages situations where other leading CMS are completely inferior?

Not sure what you mean. I know we have marketing 'stuff' online, but I've
never actually read it myself. I was part of a product tour back in 99 when
Spectra came out, so I got lot of marketing indoctrination then. I know we
have documents that compare Spectra to other products, but I don't believe
they are public.

> In your experience what is the most common issue/complaint about Spectra?
> what do you see as it's best competetive advantage?

Probably the biggest issue is ease of use, but I believe that is only a
problem because people are used to ColdFusion being so easy. With Spectra,
we have made _many_ complex tags easier then normal, but you're still going
to need to take some time to learn the product. What is its biggest
advantage? I think I just described it. Spectra takes things that are
normally pretty difficult (CM, Syndication, personalization/profiling, site
modeling, etc) and makes it pretty simple.

Ok, that's a _real_ brief high level marketing type opinion. As a developer,
I just think it kicks butt. I've felt this way since the first alpha came
out, and certainly long before I joined Allaire. (Just so you know I'm not
repeating the company line. :)

Raymond Camden, Principal Spectra Compliance Engineer for Allaire

Email   : jedimaster at allaire.com
ICQ UIN : 3679482