[thelist] How can two folders be synchronized on NT?

Scott Dexter sgd at ti3.com
Fri Jan 26 12:29:31 CST 2001

there's the native NT replication, but I've not dealt with it very much;

there's xcopy and creating a batch file to run at scheduled intervals to
copy the files (or you run it by hand);

there's a perl package called mirror that is hella smart (when was the last
time you saw 'hella' used, eh?) and great, but requires some overhead (like
installing perl)

other than that, this is an issue we're (work, not evolt) currently
struggling with as well, as we're slowly but surely growing a farm of
webservers, so if you find anything, please let me know! =)

(right now we use the second option above, pending some free time for
research)
sgd
--
work: http://www.ti3.com/