[thelist] Cold Fusion Server is the Pig

zac zac at pixelgeek.com
Fri Jan 26 13:12:31 CST 2001

Raymond Camden wrote:

> Yes, you can upgrade from WinME, or you can dual boot, that's what I did.
> FYI, so far, Windows2k has been the most stable OS I've used.

I would suggest that you not dual boot WinMe or at least be very careful
about it. I've had several friends who have had problems dual booting WinMe
and Win2K.

I'd also check to make sure that the drivers for your hardware have Win2K
versions. I've also had reports from friends that have had to stop upgrades
to Win2K from WinMe machines because of the lack of drivers for some of the
hardware. This was on entry level consumer machines so YMMV.

So if you don't have a driver problem then I would suggest removing WinMe
altogether and just going with Win2K.

--

Occam's Razor states that the simplest, though possibly not conceivable,
answer to a problem is most likely the correct one.

Obviously this doesn't apply to  troubleshooting Windows.