[thelist] PNG was:(What language?)

Brown, Robert Robert.Brown at lot21.com
Fri Jan 26 13:25:43 CST 2001

>Excuse my ignorance, but why would QuickTime affect PNG support?
>And why would someone want to use PNG images?

QuickTime supports PNG's, but I'm clueless on how that works with the
browser.

The reason why I would want to use them is transparencies.

I myself have a fascination with HUD(Heads Up Display) systems. Most of
which deal with presenting information on a transparent layer, and in such a
manner where the pilot can focus on the terrain (crucial in piloting a
vehicle), and still monitor crucial information about their vehicle.

I would really like to figure out ways to present information in this
manner, on the web.