[thelist] Netscape Hates My Tables

__ Chris Bell __ cbell at bahnhof.se
Sat Jan 27 10:58:31 CST 2001

>I am reworking my biz site and have run into a table problem. The site looks
>correct in all versions of IE on mac and pc but breaks with Navigator on
>both mac and pc.

well warren.
at a quick breif glance i see that you have not stated any cellspacing.
if you don't put cellspacing="0" then NS will give it 1 pix.

NS likes to have all code specified.

but i must say that i like it better with the thin lines (had a look
in NS and Exploiter)
but then i like thin lines . . . .

also you need to clean up your code. too many <FONT> tags, they could
be combined.
you: <FONT SIZE> <FONT COLOR><FONT FACE></FONT></FONT></FONT>
better: FONT SIZE FACE COLOR></FONT>

get/buy/try (30-demo) dreamweaver (sorry for the plug) it has a great
function (amongst others) called: Cleanup HTML (or something like
that).

as this is my first posting to the list a short presentation will follow:
i am a web designer/art director/usability consultant living and
working in stockholm, sweden, though i have been known to accept
clients in london, oslo, sevilla and paris.
i have been involved with the web since -95 when i wrote my first
tags and i still remember the feeling: "it works!, it works!!, it's
alive!!!".
i'm still very excited about it all and try to convey my experiences
and thoughts by moonlighting as a writer and teacher.

cheers,
// chris bell
home page: http://www.chrisbell.nu
latest project (B2B, for swedens largest telecom): http://www.geotatort.com