[thelist] suggestion - php book

David Wagner dave at worlddomination.net
Tue Jan 30 14:59:31 CST 2001

On Thu, 25 Jan 2001, cayley vos wrote:

> I am a beginning programmer and am looking for an
> introduction to php.  I've head that wrox writes some
> good intro books, as does O'riley.  Is there one in
> particular people are fond of?

Catching up on old messages. Sorry this isn't more timely.

I've only done a little PHP coding, but the most useful resource I've
found (besides php.net, which is excellent) is the O'Reilly PHP Pocket
Reference. For me, it's a lot easier (and cheaper) to pick up the basics
from online tutorials and then have a small reference to glance at, rather
than trying to use a more in-depth book for both purposes. I hate having
an entire library on my desk for every project.

<tip type="Convenient Philanthropy" author="David Wagner">
When you're ordering books or other items online, use GreaterGood.com to
have part of your purchase donated to a charitable cause of your choice.
Many major shopping sites are affiliated, so you can get your normal low
prices and good service, and it's easy and free.
</tip>

--

David Wagner
dave at worlddomination.net