[thelist] form field to text file?

Luther, Ron Ron.Luther at COMPAQ.com
Wed Jan 31 08:49:31 CST 2001

Hi Sabrina,

Let's see if I understand the functionality you want ...

* Some user fills out a form on the site.  The results of their submission
are shown to any subsequent visitor to the site -- until someone new fills
out a form.

If I've got that straight, (and I may have it twisted or spindled [am I the
only one who wonders what that is?] or mutilated or whathaveyou'd), then
client-side script is not gonna get you there ---- sorry.

Maybe you should talk to the client, explain that you can "easily", <grin>,
do this in Perl ... but if you do so it will put *some* restrictions on
where they can host the site.

[I don't see it as that big a restriction --- unless {the horror} they are
thinking about hosting the site in 'freespace'.]

Hope that was Clear,

Ron L.