[thelist] Best way to resell hosting?

Abbey Abbey at abbeyink.com
Thu Feb 1 12:54:48 CST 2001

> > I've been very happy with TVCNet www.tvcnet.com.  You pay a
> > "membership fee" which covers the cost of your main account for
> > the year.  Resold accounts are priced much lower.  Service has
> > been spectacular and they've been extremely reliable.

*Me toos* probably aren't allowed here, but I also use tvcnet and Jim has
always been extremely responsive. After using a number of different hosts,
TVCNet just works -- that's been my experience. It may be a little pricey,
but as my ex-retailer husband says, *You get what you pay for.*

Now, I am going to attempt a tip, and I am relatively new here, please be
gentle if I've done it wrong.

 >>Tip<<
If using php with XHTML and the server has short tags *on,* remove the
first line:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>  //remove this for php enabled servers
               <!DOCTYPE html
                    PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN"
                   "DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd">
lang="en">

and the document will validate as well as render without parsing errors.

Thanks

~/ a b b e y  /~