[thelist] Old Shockwave installers

zac zac at pixelgeek.com
Thu Feb 1 13:29:48 CST 2001

Garrett Coakley wrote:

> Thing thing that I don't understand though is, if the CD has the Director
> 8 .dlls on it, why would the version installed on the machine make a
> difference? Or do I sense a Windows thing coming up here?

Its not a Windows thing really. I believe that the DLLs that are part of the
shockwave install are separate (as are the Xtras) from the Director install.
So its quite possible to have different versions of the same DLL on the same
machine if you are running non-concurrent versions of Director and
Shockwave.

One quick idea

If there are embedded fonts try moving them so they are in the same cast as
the Text members and also numerically before the Text members.

--

If you want to know what god thinks of money, just look at the people
he gave it to.

Dorothy Parker

email: zac at pixelgeek.com
web: http://www.pixelgeek.com/