[thelist] Pick any sub domain:

Seth Bienek seth at sethbienek.com
Thu Feb 1 15:56:48 CST 2001

This is done using wildcard DNS; setting your DNS (Is it the "A" record? DNS
is not really my thing) to *.mydomain.com  will route any requests to
whatever IP address is specified in the record, other than those subdomains
that have their own explicit "A" record.

I let Register.com host my DNS and they provide this function for free.  You
can also do it by hosting your own DNS (which is a big pain in the ass by
the way).  Check out Simple DNS for NT if you're interested in heading down
this road...

Take Care,

Seth Bienek
Solutions Development Manager