[thelist] Editors ..

Salvatore Palmisano spalmisano at usaiss.com
Fri Feb 2 19:03:38 CST 2001

Im sure Im opening myself up to a few flames, but I use Microsoft Visual
InterDev 6.0 Enterprise and love it as an editor.
I dont use the design time controls or much of the built-in 'help me' tools,
but the text coloring, ASP Intellisense, CSS, and preview features are
great.
I still write the code by hand, but its considerably easier to see
everything for what its worth when HTML is one set of colors, and ASP is
another, including highlighting function names and reserved words.
It supports source control, allows me to have multiple sites open at once
and makes for easy publishing across those sites.

I dont know of any preview feature that will allow you to see ASP script (I
dont even think its possible).
Some developers dont like to be bothered with things like Intellisense or
code coloring, but if you have a brain lapse or just plain ole forget
something, they are great features.

Hope this helps.

--Salvatore Palmisano
Chief Information Officer