[thelist] HTML and CSS validators

Jonathon Isaac Swiderski jonathon.swiderski at oberlin.edu
Sun Feb 4 12:39:39 CST 2001

Liam Quinn makes a local version of the validator he created for the Web
Design Group, called A Real Validator [http://www.arealvalidator.com/].
There's a 30-day free trial, registration is $25.  As far as I can tell,
it's only available for Windows.  There's also HTMLTidy
[http://www.w3.org/People/Raggett/tidy/], although Quinn groups it with
other 'lints' that aren't 'Real Validators.'  Tidy is also available as
part of Chami.com's HTML-Kit package, or independently, and is available
for DOS, Windows, Mac, Linux, Atari, Amiga, and a myriad of Unices, among
others.

> What do you all recommend for doing HTML and CSS validation on the
> desktop? I'd prefer not to submit pages to a Web-based validator.

jonathon isaac swiderski                          135 west lorain street
http://www.oberlin.edu/~jswiders/vol_index.htm                 ocmr 2678
mailto:jonathon.swiderski at oberlin.edu                   oberlin oh 44074
"anyone can be great, because anyone can serve" - martin luther king, jr