[thelist] Including CGI output.

David Adams dpadams at island-data.com
Mon Feb 5 14:50:37 CST 2001

I have what I hope is a simple question. I would like to call an external
program through SSI to insert some content into a page before it is served
using Apache or IIS. I'm having some trouble and do not know if it is the
CGI I'm calling, or if what I'm attempting is not supported. I've tried:

#exec cgi="correct path to program"

#include virtual="/correct path to program"

It makes since that #exec doesn't work as #exec calls seem to be designed to
handle entire page requests, not partial requests. It seems like virtual
should work but it doesn't.

Any suggestions on combining SSI with external program calls?

Thanks,

  David Adams
  Island Data Management
  Kailua, HI 96734