[thelist] converting pantone to hexadecimal

Joshua OIson joshua at alphashop.net
Tue Feb 6 11:12:37 CST 2001

Charlie,

You can view the pantone colors in Photoshop by opening up the color picker
then clicking Custom, then select the appropriate Pantone book out of the
list.

Looking at your numbers, however, it looks like you may need more
information to pick the exact color.  Pantone comes in coated, uncoated,
processed, and prosim.  Based solely on your numbers, they appear to be
Coated--so, with the exception of 1505c, you should be able to pick the
exact color off the list.

Once the color you select the color you want, click the "Picker" button and
the RGB numbers will be in the appropriate text fields.  In some versions of
Photoshop the Hex color will be available at the bottom of the picker
dialog.  If it is not and you do not know how to convert from decimal to
hexadecimal, you can use DotColor (http://inetis.com/freeware.asp) to select
the color directly off the screen and copy the hex value to the clipboard
using Ctrl-click.

Good luck,
-joshua