[thelist] Chicagoans

Daniel J. Cody djc at starkmedia.com
Tue Feb 6 16:31:32 CST 2001

Hi Sean -

First off, welcome! Take your time to get aquinted with the flow around
here then jump in some more when you're up to it..

As for chicagoans, I know there are a couple on thelist - i'm from
milwaukee myself - and i was just throwing out the same question
yesterday as well to see if we had enough folks to get together for
socialization someday..

Finally, if you post an off-topic email to thelist, we ask that you
include a <tip> in your email to offset the offtopicedness(word?) :)

Read more about thelist guidelines at http://lists.evolt.org

Enjoy the stay :)

<tip type="gunzip and tar">

Unzipping and untarring .tar.gz or .tgz files can be done in one simple
command: tar -zxvf file.tar.gz will unzip the tar file, and then unpack
it all in one fell swoop..

</tip>

.djc.