[thelist] IRC chat applet

April april at farstrider.org
Tue Feb 6 17:58:31 CST 2001

Sheesh, I'm really making use of this list today.

Me and a few other people at my website are complete IRC addicts, but when
at work or when dealing with newbies, we need a javascript or java chat
applet.

I need the applet to connect to a specifiable room on an established
server - I can't be serving an IRC network just to use a chat applet. And,
it needs to be clients side.  Server-side chat clients are just too insane
to deal with. I'd also like *ahem* for the licensing on the thing to be
somewhat cheap.  Has anyone tried out jspilot?  Do you know of anything else
good?

Oh, and, if it accepted mIRC style /me does something, that would be
wonderful.